Corsair Community

GA-MA785GT-UD3H & Which RAM?

Terryterry

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

The TW3X4G1600C9D doesn't seem to work with this motherboard. I have very serious cold start issues - most of the time the system doesn't boot at all.

Can you please confirm that the TW3X4G1600C9D isn't compatible?

Thanks!

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

I was hoping somebody might have more insight into the memory issue with TW3X4G1600C9D and Gigabyte GA-MA785GT-UD3H.

Will try competitor that starts with K, second letter i, then n, g, st and ends in "on" 1600MHz memory with the board - any recommendations?

• Corsair Employees
Hi,

The TW3X4G1600C9D doesn't seem to work with this motherboard. I have very serious cold start issues - most of the time the system doesn't boot at all.

Can you please confirm that the TW3X4G1600C9D isn't compatible?

Thanks!

Chris

Those modules should work however most likely you will need to slow the memory frequency down slightly. Try running at 1333MHz at 9-9-9-24. Let me know the results.

• 4 months later...

Hi!

Sorry to bump an old thread, but since the problem is connected to this, I thought I shouldn't open a new one...

I just bought a Gigabyte GA-MA785GT-UD3H; according to http://www.corsair.com/configurator/product_results.aspx?id=1529942, I bought the Corsair kit TW3X4G1333C9DHX.

Now for the fun part: when I put the memories in dual channel (slots 1+2 or 3+4) the system freezes. When I run the Windows 7 memory test (the one you can select at boot time), when the test reaches 10% I get a message that there are hardware issues.

When I put the memories in single channel (tested them in slots 1+3 and 2+4) everything works ok.

The BIOS is set to AUTO.

Is this a memory issue, a motherboard issue or just a tweaking issue? I don't like the idea of overclocking, so I always use the "Auto" settings, but I'd like to try to make it work, before sending back the motherboard and/or memories...

The timings in auto are 9-9-9-24.

• Corsair Employees
Try setting the timings manually to 9-9-9-24-2T and bump the memory voltage to 1.65-1.7v. It is possible your board/cpu will only run them in single channel at those speeds. If this is the case there should be some documentation in the motherboards manual.

Archived