Corsair Community

Please help, Asus Rampage II Extreme

VvBURNvV

Hi all ive been with no sleep for a week now and today got my new RMA board with the same issues.

With XMP setting loaded, 1 stick at a time, even trying diffrent sticks, the system will not boot and an overclocking fail notice pops up, with XMP setting off, it locks up when loading into the windows 7 install CD.

-also updated to latest bios

I spend lots of money and bang head on wall, i feed youuuu cookies if u help me please.

Got one of the boards to run running manual settings for the ram, then i noticed only 4 gigs was showing in control panel so i tried to load xmp settings thinking it may fix it, but no wont run at all, then i try to load manual settings again and it dont work, something is very funny, i think both boards are shot but asus says it cannot be. - got manual settings to run again but at a slower mhz setting for the ram, locks up on game launch everquest 2,

im building another system a UD3R that is built with the same parts that runs perfectly, ive tried swapping out CPU's, RAM, With the same results on the asus board..... both of them.

I should just have to load XMP and be ready to go? i ask asus this and he never gives a clear answer explaing it cannot be the board and saying i should of bought kingston. IDK i just need some help cause its been over the 30 days to return the board, ive been saving my money for months for this and now im stuck with what i think is a 330 dollar broken board. Or one that wont run Corsair Dominator 2000 ram at least...

• Corsair Employees
If the board is only detecting 4GB of memory and is doing the same thing with two sets of modules and two CPUs it sounds like the issue is with the motherboard itself. I would check for any bent pins in the CPU socket and test each slot individually to see if one of the slots is not working. I would test the board outside of the case with the stock cooler as well if the issue continues to happen to see if maybe the board was being warped causing the issue.

Archived