Corsair Community

CM3X2G1600C9DHX Settings?

chriswt1975

I have an EVGA 790i FTW with 4GB CM3X2G1600C9DHX ram they say 1600Mhz but motherboard say 1066MHz. I set them at 9-9-9-24 1.8v. Can anyone help me? Thanks

With this in mind, you might need to set the speed manually. Since your CPU uses a "1333 MHz" FSB, it is best to manually set a speed of DDR3-1333. What happens with your particular set of modules is that it has no SPD data for the DDR3-1333 speed, so it defaulted to the next lower SPD setting (which happened to be DDR3-1066).

And because of your CPU, it is best to manually run your memory modules at DDR3-1333 speed because that speed is an exact multiple of your processor's front-side-bus speed (in this case, the true I/O clock speed at DDR3-1333 is 667MHz, exactly double that of your processor's true FSB clock speed of 333MHz). Deviating even slightly from such evenly divisible multiples may increase the overall latency of the system's memory controller. Once you have 1333Mhz manually set, you will also need to manually set 8-8-8-20 timings (keeping the same 1.8V for your older-version modules). With most Core2 Quad systems it is not recommended to run DDR3-1600 memory at its full 1600MHz rating without overclocking your processor's FSB (and therefore your CPU).

You don't have all your info. so I am going to assume you have an AMD CPU..

AMD CPU's run at 1333... they can be Overclocked and use 1600 on Motherboards with BIOS adjustments.. you should have choices like 1.3 and 1.4.. 1.3 being 1333 and 1.4 being 1600.. you have set your Memory and voltage.. if it's specs good.. but often it is not needed depending on your setting to run all the way up to 1.8v.. mine are 1.67v with an OC..

Research your MB, and what others are doing.. BIOS answers.. OC settings.. test for stability.. trial and error.. you will find that the gain from 1333 to 1600, is minimal at best..

I have tried to set it manually to 1600MHz but my pc locks up just after start up. The fastest I can get it set to is 1333MHz. I dont really want to OC my CPU but I will if I need to. Never OC'ed before in fear of doing damage to parts. I am using an Intel Q9400 CPU with a Corsair H50 cooler.

Archived