Corsair Community

H50 install in Cosmos S Case

..VeNoM..

Hi peeps,

My first post as I just recieved my H50 today. Just a few questions regarding my case and the H50.

First of all. What is the optimal setup for my case with this cooler?. I currently have it set how the instruction booklet said, infeed via the back. However, this may not be the best for my case as I have 2 GTX 260's which are overclocked so they pump a lot of hot air out the back. We all know that heat rises so this heat from the cards is rising in the direction of my intake fan. Also the back back of the case is close to the wall (I can't move it out further due to my desk and lack of space). Due to how short the pipes are for this cooler I was thinking about installing this on the top of the case, closest to the front (where it can take cool air in from the top). Also, my large side panel fan is currently an intake fan as all I have is the side panel and front fan for intakes... I feel like I'm draggin this on but I'm sure a lot of people have a cosmos s here and will shine some light on the most optimised setup :biggrin:

Regards,

Todd ;)

What I have found to be the optimal position for the H50 in a Cosmos-S is top center as an exhaust with a push pull config. I turned the H50 rad sideways which blocks the screw holes for the outer fans. So mount your outer fans first (under the plastic cover instead of inside the case). Then mount the rad and top center fan (rad in the case - fan on top of it like the other two). Then mount your other fan to the rad.

Hi MI-Tazz and thanks for the info. Can I ask, do you recall the difference in temp's compared to the rear intake?

I stumbled on to a document that appears to be from corsair today, it had a diagram of the cosmos s with the top fan as intake, front fan as instake and rear fan as intake in to the rad.. The only exhaust was the 200mm side fan.. This seems a bit strange to be honest but did you try this?

Just an update buddy. I have put mine in the top middle slot with a push/pull config exhausting hot air out of the top... cool air coming in from 200mm side fan and front fan. currently running OCCT v3.1.0 on linpack auto test and everest showing 40c max temp on Q6600 running 3ghz @ 1.275 vCore... is that good?

I have been watching some video's on youtube about the H50 and a lot of people who install the rad on the back of the case have the tubes at the bottom of the rad (preventing trapped air). Is it true that this system can suffer air blocks if the pipes lead from the top of the rad?

Archived