Corsair Community

New Asus P7P55D-E Deluxe/CMD4GX3M2A1600C7 ?

jcummings

Building a new system and bought 4 2gb sticks of CMX4GX3M2A1600C7 (8GB total) for the above motherboard.

Since this memory is apparently a new product, I can't find any info on compatibility...either here or on the Asus site.

Will this board play well with 8 gigs of this memory?

I'm an experienced builder, but certainly not an expert. I don't want to deal with memory issues on the first power up, so I thought I'd check in here before I hit the power button.

Can anyone help out on this?

Thanks everybody!

Edited: OOPS! The correct memory is the one mentioned in the body of the post!!!

I have an Asus P7P55D-E PRO and am having real problems with 8GB RAM. I'm using CMD8G3M4A1600C8 and I now whish I'd gone with 1333 memory. I'm not sure Asus have succeeded in getting round the Intel limit of 2 modules of 1600 RAM.

You may be lucky but I was not.

After removing two sticks then installing windows and drivers, I reinstalled all 8 gigs.

Four hours later and no problems...bios and windows both agree it has 8 gigs.

I probably was lucky...I'll burn it in for a few days and see if it's all good. Good luck with yours cfish!

Actually, JEDEC recommends that DDR3-1600 support be limited to only one double-ranked module per memory controller channel (this means only two modules total in a dual-channel system). If you use two kits with two modules in each channel, operation at DDR3-1333 is advised for better stability. One double-ranked DDR3-1600 module per channel is not just an Intel limit, but an official JEDEC limit. Intel merely had to comply with the recommendations set forth by JEDEC. But that does not stop you from using two TW3X4G1600C7G kits in your system; it simply means that the official JEDEC recommendations allow two double-ranked modules per memory controller channel to be run at DDR3-1333 or lower.

Quite so but the point is that Asus claim to have overcome this limitation and Corsair are recommending 4x2GB kits of 1600 memory for Asus boards.

It looks like a lottery. For some it works, for others it doesn't. So my recommendation is to steer clear of 1600 memory if you want to use all 4 slots.

Archived