Corsair Community

Thinking ofbuying the h50

joeeverett

Ok so im thinking of purchasing the H50 for my new build my question is will it work with my existing case. I have not seen this case mentioned on the forums so i think this case may have been a bad idea on my part

this is my case

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147104&cm_re=rosewill_conqueror-_-11-147-104-_-Product

I was wondering if it could be mounted to the side plexi or if it would be to heavy

if not im open to other suggestions:biggrin:

Based on the info available at Newegg, the H50 should fit easily. Mounting it to the side plexi is an option. But, it would be a royal pain in the posterior to remove your side panel for any reason. I would suggest mounting it with the fan and radiator attached to that rear 120mm grill. For extra cooling you could also add a second fan. And, you can test fan direction both ways to see which works best for that particular case and your hardware.

::pirate::

I wouldn't suggest mounting it on the side panel. it's a hassle when you're going to clean dust from the case, you'll have to unmount the radiator everytime you open the case. also you'll be blasting warm/ air directly onto your mobo. If anything mount it on the back(given that it is a 120fan). FYI the setup they want you to have is intake in the back, but that means more dust flying into your case. the advantage of intake is a 2-3 degrees better than exhaust. I switched back to exhaust cause frankly I hate the dust and I didn't buy a computer case that has dust filters and throw dust in from a fan mount that should be exhaust. This product is excellent if you have a high air flow case, but if you don't then it might let you down.

Archived