Corsair Community

P256 Gb Write speed issues.

i_max2k2

Hello,

I have just jumped into SSD's a week back, and before and after doing so, I have been reading the forums quite a lot, I had got this drive CMFSSD-256GBG2D 2.5" from newegg, and I had upgraded the firmware to VBM19C1Q from the sticky. I'm using it in my newely bought Alienware M15x. I have run the trim command to see if its working, and it seems it is.

Now I ran the ATTO benchmark and I can reach the right read speeds ~ 220Mb/s however I'm never able to go close to 200Mb/s for sequential write speeds, it pretty much saturates around 173Mb/s, I have attached the screenshots for the same.

My laptop is having Windows 7 x64 running with i7 720QM, with 4gb ddr3.

948750209_AttoDiskperformance.jpg.c0565b53d40ff6094665af7460429e57.jpg

• Corsair Employees
The rated spec for P-256 is about 220 MB/s sequential read and 180 MB/s sequential write you are getting close to that on write and slightly above on read. The O.S. will will use some of that band width as O.S. over head so your drive is running fine.

The rated spec for P-256 is about 220 MB/s sequential read and 180 MB/s sequential write you are getting close to that on write and slightly above on read. The O.S. will will use some of that band width as O.S. over head so your drive is running fine.

Okie,

thanks a lot, actually on the newegg's product page they/corsair have mentioned a read write of about 220/200 Mb/s that was the only reason

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233085

I wanted to make sure the drive is working fine, and should be the right expectation out of it.

Thanks again.

Archived