Corsair Community

Installing H50 on AMD mobo with stock backplate?

Twistid

I purchased the H50 from Bestbuy and was curious that it came with 4 extra screws that were not mentioned in the instruction manual. After searching online I found that they were to use the stock backplate that comes on AM2/AM3 motherboards. Is this information correct?

I want to install the H50 on my 965 C3 Phenom II on an DFI m3h5 motherboard here (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813136067&nm_mc=OTC-Froogle&cm_mmc=OTC-Froogle-_-Motherboards+-+AMD-_-DFI-_-13136067) Can I just install the H50 retaining circle ontop of the stock backplate? I tried to see if the coarse screws would thread through the plastic risers/bushings that raise the mounting circle off the cpu and it would not thread freely... It feels like it will re-tap the threading in the bushing for the coarse screws and possibly damage the bushing/raiser.

The instructions are very poor and the install video is only for Intel ... Is there SPECIFIC AMD instructions anywhere or can anyone provide information on how to install the AMD mounting circle with stock backplate or verify that the bushings/raisers will accept the coarse screws into the stock backplate without damaging the mounting system?

Thanks for any assistance or help you may provide!

My M/B is an Asus & yes the coarse thred screws fit my existing metal backplate tho I just used the provided backplate from Corsair since it had the sticky foam to hold it inplace & was easier. But pre-test them by screwing one into your existing backplate just to be 100% certain they fit, being an AMD M/B tho im sure they do.

Archived