Corsair Community

H50-1 for me or not?

Lemzip

Hi

I currently have a mugen 2 however im looking at a h50 for better temps (mugen 2 is strugglin on a 550 unlocked to 3.9Ghz)

3.8Ghz is fine and stays around 55c however when i want to push higher, the chip is fine but i see it being throttled down on the vcore etc as it seems its hitting the thermal limit - 62c (goes to 1.17vcore to lower temps then carries on prime95)

Any idea if i could get a extra 5c or so out of the h50?

My room is quite warm (23c) usually and cant do much about that.

thanks

hi

im not really up to scratch with all this technical stuff (im still learning) all i can tell you is from personal experience.

i have a amd phenom ii 965 and had an after market heat sink and fan but was getting tepms of the high 50's when i pushed the cpu 100 %. not happy with this i decided to change my case to a thermaltake element s and a corsair h50. my temps now are only reaching 43 at 100% load. and my idle is around 30-31. i think this is a massive improvement but not sure if its the case or the h50. maybe a combination of the two.

hope this helps

Hi

I currently have a mugen 2 however im looking at a h50 for better temps (mugen 2 is strugglin on a 550 unlocked to 3.9Ghz)

3.8Ghz is fine and stays around 55c however when i want to push higher, the chip is fine but i see it being throttled down on the vcore etc as it seems its hitting the thermal limit - 62c (goes to 1.17vcore to lower temps then carries on prime95)

Any idea if i could get a extra 5c or so out of the h50?

My room is quite warm (23c) usually and cant do much about that.

thanks

Ambient temps do effect CPU & GPU cooling regardless what cooler you use as its part of the cooling sys. If the area is overly warm your coolers arent going to be overly effective beyond that room temp. Adding more fans & keeping the inside of your case free from wiring clutter helps dramaticly in a hot enviorment. A large case with a LOT of fresh airflow will make more diff then anything else usually then add your speciality cooling next. I have to say 23c is pretty warm id be sweating for sure...........Can you turn down the heat setting in the room? IE: close registers or turn off steam heat valves to radiators etc....Or are you stuck with that temp with no access to its control?

Archived