Corsair Community

If the H50 leak and damage components

le9ky0453

If the H50 leak and damage components, will Corsair cover the damage ?

I was thinking buying H50 to my new gaming rig, so it would be sad have it leaking. Im not saying it will leak, but i am asking if Corsair will cover the damge of the components?

Thank, btw, I'm new here :D

They have done it in the past at least once on here, but I would hope you have to show that you installed it properly and had not abused the unit. If you look at the 4 or 5 reported leaks, many appear to have extreme angles around the hose barbs, creating pressure and tears. If you avoid that I'll bet you avoid about 95% of the chance of leaking.

watercooling in general is always at the users risk, i dont know why Corsair ever covered any damage anyway. you are putting liquid around electronic parts. of course there is a risk involved. dont get me wrong, i have had several rigs watercooled and lost only one GPU because of a leak a year later. i also will not build a personal computer thats not watercooled, air cooling sucks.

im a staff member on a watercooling/overclocking website so i am a bit biased ;)

• Corsair Employees
In addition to what Synthohol said, Leaking H50s are rare and up to this point have been handled on a case by case basis, there is no Guarantee that we would be able to cover damaged components, and there is no guarantee that we would not. If you do end up having any problems at all, please contact us and let us know, and we will be happy to help you.

Archived