Corsair Community

problem with TW3X4G1333C9D

PNRcomps

hey have an Intel system working on i7 860 intel dp55wb, have 4gb (2x2gb) same ram in system, added 2 more for ttl 8gb, system now wont post, just beeps. Removed the 2 sticks that I just rec'd and it posts and boots fine.

Tried the new ram 1 stick at a time in farthest slot all the way back, no joy. Thoughts???

You may simply need more voltage on the memory controller. Try in the 1.2v - 1.25v range. Also, list ALL of the information from the stickers on each set of modules.

As for 3 modules not working, no P55 board I have seen so far lists 3 modules as a supported configuration. They list 1,2, and 4 modules.

If either sets work one set at a time but the MB will not post with all four installed I would suspect a problem with the MB or CPU, can you test them in another system to be sure?

no the other set of 2 works flawlessly, the new set i just got wont work either 1 stick or with both in any slot.

Sticker reads

TW3X4G1333C9 4gb 2x2gb 2048mb 1333mhz 9-9-9-24 1.5v v 9.1 09394520

old ram is same except ver 3.2 09320691

You may simply need more voltage on the memory controller. Try in the 1.2v - 1.25v range. Also, list ALL of the information from the stickers on each set of modules.

As for 3 modules not working, no P55 board I have seen so far lists 3 modules as a supported configuration. They list 1,2, and 4 modules.

never tried 3 sticks only 1,2, or all 4, when i did 1 or 2 i did the old ram only then the entire 4 sticks

Let's get them both replaced. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

ok new update, RamGuy, I returned the modules to the distro, they sent me a new set, same result, same version 9.1 Something is awry here, I tried same thing, both of the old sticks run well, when i try all 4, nothing. when i try only the new sticks that came today nothing, in any slot, just 3 beeps. I tried upping voltage, tried to slow the ram to 1066, nada. I filled an rma out so maybe i can get the mem from you guys and get this done with. I dont get it...

• 2 months later...

ok, still getting issues with this memory, having memory manager issues and I think its the 2 sticks that were not replaced, cant be sure. What would be recommended settings for this ram on the DP55WB?

Currently have it set for auto but 2t(tried that to increase stability)

The system is brand new, I just hooked it up to start using it finally.

1.5v as stated on the ram. thanks in advance!

Ok Ramguy, well after trying everything i could, including RMA'ing the MB, I have come to the determination that there are 2 bad sticks of RAM, there are 2 sticks that I can throw everything at and no problems, the other 2(all in channel 0) that i start testing, bam bluescreen. sometimes it goes for a while, sometimes it just crashes.

Is it possible to get this version 3.2 Ram sent to me, that is what I have and it works flawlessly, I need an RMA for these 2 sticks please ASAP! thx

RMA applied for. It seems these v9.1 ram is just plain unstable, I ran the system running Prime overnight with the version 3.2 modules and its ROCK STABLE! was STILL running when i got up chugging happily along.

When i tried before that with the version 9.1 modules it failed in 15 minutes. what is the difference in the versions? Chips? Bios timings? Ive tried everything on my end...

Archived