Corsair Community

TWIN2X4096-6400C5C blue screens

xbolt

For a while now, I've been getting seemingly random blue screens. I did all the usual stuff: update drivers, make sure everything is in tight, and so on. None of that worked, so next on my troubleshooting list was the memory.

I tried putting the two sticks in channel B (They were in A) and they still blue screen. So I tried taking one stick out, and poof, the computer was rock solid. I ran Memtest86+ v4.00 overnight and it came up completely clean. So I thought: "Oh! The other stick must be bad." So I took that stick out and put the other one in. Same thing. Rock solid, and the stick checks out fine in Memtest.

So I put both sticks back in, and the blue screens started almost immediately. And on top of that, Memtest came back with lots of errors.

So I thought: "Hmm...." I shut down the computer, took both sticks out, then put them back in. Then I ran Memtest before entering Windows, and it came up clean! So now I'm really confused about what's going on. I currently have one stick in, so I at least have a functional computer.

• Corsair Employees
When you install both modules go to BIOS setup and load setup defaults and then set the memory Voltage to 2.0 Volts and se eif its more stable but if it continues to do that I would RMA the MB baes on what you posted.

Archived