Corsair Community

Problem: CMX4GX3M2A1600C9 with a ASRock P55 Extreme

Azzid

Hello!

I have a problem whit the combination of the ASRock P55 Extreme mother board whit my Cmx4gx3m2a1600c9. It wont work in dual channel and it looks like only one is working if i look in "windows button" + "Pause/Break" (4.00 GB (1.99GB usable)). I have tried to move the sticks and using only a singel stick but they work fine on their own. The CPU is a i5 750 and the VGA is a 4850.

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/3357/computerg.jpg

Any idea on what i should do?

• Corsair Employees
I would test each module individually and if they both show up in both of the slots then it would point to a memory controller issue. If one of them doesn't work it might point towards and issue with the memory not being detected which could be caused by a bent pin. Please let us know the results.

Got it to work!! :biggrin:

Tried whit a singel stick but they both worked. Then i just removed the CPU and reinserted it. I think it must have been a bad connection betwen the CPU and the motherboard.

I have seen the same problem alot on other forums whit the new Intel i3/5/7, but whit no conclusive answer to the problem. This might be a standard problem now when the acctual pins no longer exist on the CPU...(?)

SkodaMart, try and do the same as me whit the CPU and hopfully you'll get it to work too.

Archived