Corsair Community

Flash Survivor 16GB doesnt show up as flash drive

amcarnes1

Hi,

I have a Flash Survivor 16GB and about a month after I got it it started showing up as a folder under my computer instead of a drive. It was fine for a while because I could right click on the file and go to explore to access the files. Recently (about a year after purchase) this began not working and now I have to right click and explore the start menu and sift through all the files on the computer to find my flash drive. I've tried formatting the drive which makes the flash drive initially show up as a flash drive but then goes back to a folder. I've tried it on several different computers running XP, Vista and Windows 7 and the problem is still there.

Any help?

I just formatted it last night for about the 20th time and it is working properly right now, but it always goes back to the same problem after about a week or so of use. I will send it back when I get the email that my request has been processed. About how long does it take to get it back from the time you mail it?

Thank you so much for your help!!!

I love this great Corsair support, Ill be buying more products in the future!!!

• Corsair Employees
The average time is about 7-10 Days if you are in the continental US and about 10-15 days for international RMA's but it will depend on how you send your item and where you are. Customs delays for different countries can vary.

Archived