Corsair Community

CMX4GX3M2A1600C9 and Asus P7P55D LE

SCTLive

I purchased this motherboard and bought the memory based on memory selector located here. http://www.corsair.com/configurator/default.aspx

Initially, it worked however, it was odd. The MB user's man. called for me to populate dimm A1 and B1. This did not work. I was only able to get the system to see both modules if I populated A1 and A2. Last week I found an amazing deal on another 2 modules so I purchased them and have been trying to get the MB to see them all weekend. No luck. I have tried everything, flashing the bios, clearing CMOS, all dimm combinations in all possible orders. The same result every time. B1 and B2 are not being used. Asus says this memory is NOT on their QVL however, you guys are listing it as validated. Please advise.

Sincerly,

Frustrated in Charlotte

not mixing ram. All are the same. I'm up for changing the frequency however, the system doesn't see the RAM. It shows nothing installed in B1 or B2 so I'm not sure changing it will do anything. And as I said in my post, I have tried flashing the bios, clearing the CMOS, multiple versions of the bios, etc...

a 4 stick kit is tested and is packaged as a 4 stick kit. having 2 x 2 stick kits even the same part# and version is not officially supported.

try testing 1 stick at a time with memtest from the link on the left.

4 stick kits are pre tested together and there are no guarantees that 2 dual kits will work together especially at listed speeds.

sorry for the let down. i wish you luck!!

does the new pair work by themselves??

i just read 2 instances of bent CPU pins in the socket has caused this issue as well. you may want to inspect these with a magnifier glass to be sure.

i know its a pain in the tuchas but better to be on the safe side.

good luck

heres the image the poster drew...

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll241/VIRRRH/CCF11192009_00002.jpg

I became inpatient and with the help of one needle pin and a desk light!.... I manually straightened out the two defective cpu pins on my mobo cpu slot!!!!

AHAHA and it boots up A1 B1 slots dual channel on the first try!

The pins were defective form the factory for sure, because they were soldered to an adjacent pin!... I managed to get my needle pin under the sticky cpu pin and slowly broke the soldered part and bent 2 pins back somewhat into place!

Put the CPU on, and we're good to go!

I knew it wasn't the RAM! but a crappy mobo factory soldering job.

Thanks ASUS for poor quality control.

Per my original post, they do work by themselves. I have tried them in every possible configuration. The old work together. The new work together. The old and new can even work with each other. Dimms B1 and B2 however, do not work.

Perhaps the Ram Guy can weigh in before I pull the CPU. Is that the logical next step?

Just pulled the CPU and did NOT find any bent pins. Reseated it, just for kicks I switched the ram up where A1 = Original module A2 = New B1 = original B2 = new.

Pulled the Bios battery, and reset the CMOS. Rebooted, bios asked me to set up cmos or load defaults. I loaded the defaults and the result was the same. http://lh4.ggpht.com/_Jt3wQHL8_70/S298btGKncI/AAAAAAAAAPE/5QPYVcznh5c/asus%20PC%20Probe.jpg

just for kicks I switched the ram up where A1 = Original module A2 = New B1 = original B2 = new.
thats pretty confusing, does that mean that the same slots are still not working yet the ram is fine in the other 2 slots?

that sounds like a motherboard RMA candidate really.

Yeah. That is exactly what I was thinking. I was hoping for another solution but I don't think there is one. I'm pretty disappointed with ASUS. Their QVL is crazy stupid. They list triple channel memory as being supported on this board. However, after you look to the right and see the supported slot configuration, they don't support triple channel. You can buy the triple channel stuff and run it in dual channel, leaving one module as a spare I guess.

Archived