Corsair Community

Bent voyager?

elleng

Today, I inserted my lovely one year old Flash Voyager 16 GB into the USB port, as usual (without trouble, no abnormal force), but on removing it, noticed it was bent. This has never happened to me before and I'm now on my fourth Flash. After a heart attack, I looked at it and managed to straighten it back into the casing, and also checked that the data was still readable (it was).

Is the top part which you insert into the USB port built to bend a little, or has my voyager been bent/damaged and do I have a problem?

As my computer can't read certain files and will need replacing, I am very dependent on this drive, can't return and wait for replacement as the old drive has all data from dying computer on it. Need that to copy on new computer.

If the metal parts of the drive only lasts one year, I'm deeply disappointed.

So I've a flash drive that may be damaged. I've emailed and posted. No response.

Has the credit crunch rendered the word 'warranty' meaningless?

If so, we need to warn other potential buyers e.g. on Amazon. Duty of care, and all that.

PS. As I'd need to pay for the costs of returning, and given it's faulty this seems unfair, I think that the extension cord option is better, but I need to warn people on the shop website that this is an issue. It should not bend quite so easily.

Archived