Corsair Community

EVGA P55 FTW and CMX4GX3M2A1600C9

SkodaMart

I am having problems trying to enable the XMP profile for my memory.

Even at stock settings I just get a black screen and no post.

I am currently at 4.0 GHz however I have had to reduce my memory ratio to 2:6 which gives 600 MHz (1200 Mhz) I am running 9-9-9-24 timings with no problems.

If I change to a 2:8 ratio 800 Mhz (1600 MHz) even with loose timings I loose one if my dimms? Only 2 GB is recognised by the BIOS. It seems that alot of people are having the same problem?

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Help would be greatly apprieciated as the CMX4GX3M2A1600C9 modules don't seem to want to run at their advertised settings?

I am on the latest A56 bios.

You may want to inspect your CPU and use a magnifying glass if you have one. Look at the pads and check the impression the pins are making on the pads. Be sure they are uniform and no areas are making poor contact. Check the socket for bent pins too.

What CPU cooler are you using?

Which set of memory slots are you using?

Well I have reseated the CPU and I was very careful replacing my H50-1 ensuring that the screws weren't too tight.

I could see no damage at all to the socket or the CPU however some of the pins had made deeper indentations than others.

As a result of this I am now at 4.0 GHz running my memory at 1600 MHz (2 : 8)

9-9-9-24 2T @ 1.65v

It seems stable with both Memtest 86+ and Prime 95.

Well I have reseated the CPU and I was very careful replacing my H50-1 ensuring that the screws weren't too tight.

I could see no damage at all to the socket or the CPU however some of the pins had made deeper indentations than others.

As a result of this I am now at 4.0 GHz running my memory at 1600 MHz (2 : 8)

9-9-9-24 2T @ 1.65v

It seems stable with both Memtest 86+ and Prime 95.

Good news! Let's hope you have solved it. ::pirate::

I am "dancing the same dance" right now trying to mount a phase change cooler on this same board.

SEE THE BEFORE AND AFTER PICTURES

Last night I got a failure to boot at the 2A portion on the debug LED. But, it runs just fine with an air cooler so I believe my mounting tension is the culprit.

Archived