Corsair Community

Flow resistance of the radiator

Hey guys, I've come from over at http://www.overclock.net - I own the Official Corsair H50 Hydro Series Owners Club, a database of over 200 H50 users. We have over 3000 posts at the time or writing :eek:

Anyway, what I wanted to know from you guys at Corsair is the flow resistance of the radiator or other related figures such as pressure drop across the radiator.

I'd also love to know some more details on the pump, what is it rated at for pressure and flow rate?

I am experimenting with silencing my rig using soundproofing foam and I'm exploring the idea of undervolting, a lot of modders over at OCN are also really interested to know this data for their modding needs.

We have a huge collection of mods to the H50 - ranging from custom tubing, reservoir additions, and people are starting to think about running 240mm radiators.

Thanks for the great product and the fantastic customer support, I plug you guys a lot at OCN for exactly these reasons - keep rockin' :laughing:

Regards,

Killhouse

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm sorry for pulling up an old thread, but has there been any update to this?

With this info people could actually start making informed decisions when they replace/add a fan on the H series coolers. The stock H50 fan has decent performance for a 120mm axial fan. There are many other options that will perform worse. I personally was looking for a quiet setup. After some reading at silent pc review I was interested in the well recommended Scythe SY1225SL12M. It is their Slipstream model that is rated for 68cfm. But after a quick email to scythe tech support I found out that although it is rated in a similar CFM range as the stock H50, they had 1/4 the static pressure. So even with two of the Scythe 68cfm fans in a push-pull, they would still only have half the static pressure of a single stock h50 fan, and likely perform worse when mounted to a radiator like the H50. From my limited time on this forum it appears that this is an often ignored aspect. With how many poor 120mm fans are out there, I would be suprised if you haven't had a customer replace their fan with worse fan(s) and then unjustifiably blame the h50 itself.

It shouldn't take much to get all the measurements once you have the setup in place. Just take mm/h20 readings every 10 cfm from 10 to 150, and graph/chart it. I was going to do this myself, but I just don't have the time. I'm guessing you have an employee that knows this stuff, but if you want some guidance, just ask. It's an important piece of the puzzle if someone is replacing the fan.

Thank you for your time,

Aaron

Archived