Corsair Community

Asus P7P55D-E Pro and 8GB Question

Stan Lenci

Just looked at this thread 'cuz I have the same question but I don't think it's fully answered yet. Your first said:

"That means it only supports 2 sticks (dual channel mode) at 1600 MHz"

Now your saying four DIMMS (4X2GB) of 1600MHz XMP enabled RAM allows "dual channel mode" in a ASUS P7P55D Mobo. You have me confused.

I'd gladly buy Corsair's Part Number CMD8GX3M4A1600C8 if you guarantee it will operate in dual channel mode when run at 1600MHz with XMP enabled in the Bios in this Mobo. Is that your guarantee?

Just looked at this thread 'cuz I have the same question but I don't think it's fully answered yet. Your first said:

"That means it only supports 2 sticks (dual channel mode) at 1600 MHz"

That statement is from Intel. They are basically saying that they do not guarantee that the board can run 4 modules at or above 1600.

Now your saying four DIMMS (4X2GB) of 1600MHz XMP enabled RAM allows "dual channel mode" in a ASUS P7P55D Mobo. You have me confused

It works fine and in dual channel.

I'd gladly buy Corsair's Part Number CMD8GX3M4A1600C8 if you guarantee it will operate in dual channel mode when run at 1600MHz with XMP enabled in the Bios in this Mobo. Is that your guarantee?

Yes. ::pirate::

Thanks for such a speedy reply and for clearly solving this issue. But I do have a final questio:

Two ways to accomplish this:

1. Buy one CMD8GX3M4A1600C8 kit

OR

2. Buy two CMD4GX3M2A1600C8 kits

Any comments on advantage/disadvantage of one over the other (other than pricing)?

Thanks again

Stan

If you want 8GB, buy the 8GB kit. We pretest the 4 modules included in the 8GB kit together to insure that they work together at the rated speeds. We technically do not support mixing 2 kits in this fashion as you may get different revisions of memory that may not work together.

• 2 weeks later...
You say you don't "technically support" 2 kits of 4GB XM3 memory? What does that mean? Corsair doesn't warrant the product? To me, if the product carries the same part number, it should meet all specifications for that specific part number. Especially if the 2 kits of CMX4GX3M2A1600C8 have the same lot code (such as 09470032), why wouldn't they be compatible with each other?

You say you don't "technically support" 2 kits of 4GB XM3 memory? What does that mean? Corsair doesn't warrant the product? To me, if the product carries the same part number, it should meet all specifications for that specific part number. Especially if the 2 kits of CMX4GX3M2A1600C8 have the same lot code (such as 09470032), why wouldn't they be compatible with each other?

The product warranty is not what I am talking about. I'm talking about our certification that the memory is tested together and guaranteed to run at its specified speeds. If you buy them separately, then there is no way we could have tested them together.

If you want 8GB, buy the 8GB kit. We pretest the 4 modules included in the 8GB kit together to insure that they work together at the rated speeds. We technically do not support mixing 2 kits in this fashion as you may get different revisions of memory that may not work together.

Archived