Corsair Community

Voyager GT 16GB started to unmount itself randomly

BLooDLiNe

I bought my drive a week ago. It was ok till yesterday.

Now I plug it on my PC (tried with Win 7 x64 and Win XP doesn't change anything) it continuously connects and disconnects itself. But on my laptop it's ok.

When I format it to FAT32 it seems ok on my PC. but when i format it to NTFS it starts disconnecting. I want to use it as NTFS because i have files bigger than 4 GB to move.

What are your suggestions?

• Corsair Employees

Just follow the directions in the email you got from our customer service.

And I am sorry but you would pay the shipping to us and we will pay to ship it back.

Edit: I just spoke to our customer service and they will contact you with shipping instructions.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

To avoid opening a new thread I take this to try to describe my problem:

I´ve bought a Flash Voyager 8GB back in November 2009, suddenly every time i plug it windows keeps telling to scan the drive, after click "continue without scanning" the drive disconnect, after unplug and plug it again i´ve choose to scan the drive but the problem remain, it continuously connects and disconnects until i unplug the drive. I´ve already format the flash voyager in both NFTS and FAT32 but every time i plug it windows aks me again it i want to scan the drive.

I´m using Win7 x86 and i´ve already tried in XP Pro x86 and Vista Home Premium x86, Vista doesn´t even detected the Flash Drive, on the other hand even if i remove the usb drivers Win7 keeps telling that the driver wasn´t correctly installed.

Can you give me some help on this?!

Best Regards

• Corsair Employees
I am sorry we can no longer check RMA status in Tech Support; please call our customer service at 888-222-4346 or 510-657-8747 Ext “3” or send them an email (rmaservice@corsairmemory.com) with your RMA# and ask them for the status!

I am sorry we can no longer check RMA status in Tech Support; please call our customer service at 888-222-4346 or 510-657-8747 Ext “3” or send them an email (rmaservice@corsairmemory.com) with your RMA# and ask them for the status!

Thanks for the info, i´ve already send them an email asking about RMA status, i´ll wait until tomorrow to check it.

Best Regards

Archived