Corsair Community

TW3X4G1333C9A BIOS settings question

stu

Hello,

I have to say I have no problems using this memory.

TW3X4G1333C9A @ 1333MHz 9-9-9-24-34-1T running at specs

I have not OC'd using CPU/NB multiplier at 1333MHz Ram speed.

The questions I have are concering some bios settings for the Chipset, Memory options in particular so as to not make a mistake.

Channel Interleaving [Disabled] is what the manual says from Asus, but when I installed the RAM and did the optimize defaults and save, this particular option was set to [XOR of address bits [20:16,6]]. What should this be truly set to?

Second one:

Enable Clock to All DIMMs [Disabled] what should this be set to?

Third one:

MemClk Tristate C3/ALTVID [Disabled]

I've read in overclockers forums, about these but, I've read many arguments for and against using them as well as when not to use them.

For instance the Channel Interleaving, one person said that if only two slots of memory are occupied, disable this feature, because it only applies to all four slots being used. This didn't make any sense. Nevertheless I disabled it for the sake of OC'ing but, have not OC'd the memory left in AUTO mode.

Last question:

How far up can I take these ram to, passed 1333MHz, or is it ill advised?

Thank you

• Corsair Employees
Just load setup defaults then set the tested settings IE 1.5-1.7 Volts at DDR1333 at cas 9-9-9-24 2T Command Rate and the only exception would be if your CPU does not support DDR1333. Then DDR1066 would be suggested.

Archived