Corsair Community

H50 cpu bracket screws

LedFloyd

Has anybody else had any fault screws in regards to the mounting of the CPU bracket? I installed mine back in September and I hadnt removed it until tonight (to put some artic sliver underneath because I noticed one core was running a few degrees hotter than the rest all the time) and when I went to unscrew it I noticed one corner was not unscrewing(just spinning) When I unscrewed the rest of them and removed the bracket I realised that one of the screws had snapped at the tip and left it in the backplate. When I fitted this when I first got it I followed the instructions exactly and only tightened it 4 times. It hasnt been subject to any excessive heat, probably about 70 celceus max, but I wouldnt expect that would cause such damage anyway. Any body got any idea of what I can do? RMA? Im really dissapointed as I have enjoyed the product a great deal up till now.

Thank Yellowbeard. I sent them a message describing my problem, but I have not hard anything back yet. Also I have another question on this issue. The end piece of the screw in stuck in the backplate and I can not remove it I can't get any purchace on it to screw it out, and plus I used the "sticky thing" to stick the backplate to my mobo and I cant remove that now either. Any ideas, I am one very lost soul at the moment.

Archived