Corsair Community

Corsair 800D

Ultimatium

Hi All

I just got this lovely case and I'm very happy with it.

However, I'm planning on building this rig:

evga E760

HD 5870

Core i7 920

Corsair H50

X-Fi Titanium

I have read somewhere, that this is incompatible hardware. Some people could not mount it in their case, especially the H50 coolor + the Evga E760.

Can anybody please confirm this, or is it possible to build this rig.

Hi All

I just got this lovely case and I'm very happy with it.

However, I'm planning on building this rig:

evga E760

HD 5870

Core i7 920

Corsair H50

X-Fi Titanium

I have read somewhere, that this is incompatible hardware. Some people could not mount it in their case, especially the H50 coolor + the Evga E760.

Can anybody please confirm this, or is it possible to build this rig.

If you want to fit the H50 like Yellowbeard has shown, you may need to dremel one corner of the fan. I use my H50 on the top, which works better with my airflow.

Thanks, for clearing that out.

So does this in fact mean, that i could go with just 1 fan and 1 radiator, and it would fit perfectly?.

So it would be like this: 1 Fan ( the one that came mounted in the 800D case ) > Corsair H50 Radiator. And that's it. Would that fit perfectly without any problems?

Okay, so as far as i can read, some people has encountered this issue, while some are able to install it painless.

Yes. The issue seems to be related to certain cases, (perhaps the first production run?) Mine was replaced to solve the "misaligned backplane holes" problem and the new one doesn't have this issue. It's snug, but doable.

Does this mean, that if i do not have the "updated" Corsair 800D, i will not be able to make this work? Sorry for all the questions, but I'm a bit confused now.

• 11 months later...
When did you communicate with Redbeard???

I'm not sure what you are doing incorrectly but, there are dozens upon dozens of people that have used H50s with the Classy boards in the 800D. I'm one of them as I posted above.

Sorry, the chipset heatsink on the classy board blocks the radiator, so unless you use physical power you can't make it fit. And if you do, the chipset heatsink will be bend, which is not good. I have already tested this.

With the slim fan that is only 20mm in depth, there is about 1-2cm clearance between radiator and heatsink = no physical contact and no pressure.

Archived