Corsair Community

TW3X4G1333C9A and Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2

gleny

Hi

just been on the corsair memory configurator and it say this motherboard does'nt support this memory, have i purchased something that isn't compatible?, i've also read that other people are having problems with this set up, any answers are much appreciated, thanks.

• Corsair Employees
While the memory is not on the list of compatibility it should still work in the machine. If you haven't already please set the ram voltage to 1.5v and the timings to 9-9-9-24-2T( CAS - tRCD - tRP - tRAS - Command Rate). I would test each stick individually in the slot furthest from the CPU with memtest from memtest.org.

i cant even get to bios screen, computer starts fans spin then shuts down after about 3 seconds, just keeps repeating this cycle, this is my first build so not sure whats wrong, i've tested the motherboard out of the case to make sure its not shorting, i've also removed each component one at a time to narrow it down, still does the same, one thing i did notice was the motherboard still does the shut down restart thing no matter what components are connected, should i try ram whats on the memory support list and see if that helps, thanks.

• Corsair Employees
I would double check all of your power connections. Also you may want to try reseating your CPU if you haven't already as well as the CPU heatsink fan. Then try it with one module in the slot closest to the CPU socket and see if it will start and stay on.

i've tried all of these several times, even checked cpu socket pins to make sure there not damaged or bent, think i'll try some different memory from the supported list and see if that works, thanks for the reply.

• Corsair Employees
If the same thing is happening without the memory in the system most likely it is an issue with the motherboard/overheating/cpu. You may want to contact your motherboard manufacturer to see if they have any tips.

FIXED

you were right ram guy it was the motherboard, changed the memory

to CMX4GX3M2A1600C9 and it still would'nt boot, decided to check

the cpu socket pins again and noticed one pin was slightly out of line,

gently pushed it back into place with a tiny pin, reinstalled cpu and heatsink

and it booted first time, cant believe that's all it was.

i5 750@ 4ghz

memory @ 1600mhz, xmp profile 1 enabled

thanks for the advice.

Archived