Corsair Community

H50 unique setup question

Raptor2099

So I had a great idea on how to cool my oc'd system down with the H50. It's winter here and I have the rad pulling air into the case and the side panel fan is the exhaust. I've added a dryer vent tube to an adapter in my window to basically shuttle freezing cold air to the back of the case where the rad is pulling air and the dryer tube is attached to the case right over the opening where the rad is located. Basically I have my Q6600 running at 3.0 Ghz (I could do more) and idling at 14,12,8,8 Celsius for each processor and roughly 26 Celsius during load. Now my questions are these. 1> The tube is aluminum and although not touching the carpet is touching the metal case, is this safe or is there a chance of static shock to my system. 2> Is a temp that low even safe for the system/H50 water. It's not freezing I believe but just a bit worried. also the air is filtered obviously I setup some filtration screens on the window adapter, basically NO dust is getting in there.

yes the only reason I dont bulid a AC cpu block is I would be worry about Condensation on the hoses and dripping into the PC parts.

You would also have to worry about the cpu top and the block getting so cold when you shut down and it warms up the condensation could drip into your M/B!

I would look at everything you did when its running AND after you shut down to make sure no condensation is there!!

Warm air condenses on cold parts. You are bringing cold air into your pc and warming it so no condensation happens. Ambient room air may form condensation on the cold ducting from the window. To prevent this wrap the ducting with some kind of insulating material.

Thanks to everyone for the insight. So far I've been only using the ducting when playing games, so when I'm finished I gradually let the system cool down by first taking the window adapter off then letting the duct sit in the room for a while to let all the air in there kinda even out with the room temperature. So far I've seen no condensation so I guess I'm okay so far. I'm currently in the process of making some sort of adapter to connect the duct to the back of the case (I'm using duct tape currently lol) Basically a 4" - 5" pvc adapter glued to the back of the case. This is an old case and computer here but I'll post some pics later for anyone who'd like to try this. I must say the temps are unbelievable. Last night idle was 8C and load was 22C !!!

Archived