Corsair Community

VX450W fails after 24 hours

Harlen

I just installed a vx 450 PSU in my Dell. When I went to first turn it on, it took a few presses of the computer front panel start button to get it to run, but it ran fine and I just thought I had pushed it wrong at first. It ran for a day, no problems, but when I did a reboot for an unrelated reason, the computer won’t start up. The yellow light on the motherboard is lit but when I press the start button, the fans start to spin but then stop.

I reconnected my old PSU as a test and everything worked OK.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I have the Inspiron 518. But, the PSU is now working. I tried it again after I posted the message and it functioned just fine. Seems like it is an intermittent problem which I know can be a hassle to figure out. It has gone through two cycles of not working then working.

Could the way the Dell sends the command to the PSU to start-up be the cause of this? I start the system by pressing the button on the front of the computer. When it wasn’t working, it would seem like it is trying to power up as the fans turn briefly and a sound comes out of the speakers.

Archived