Corsair Community

TW3X4G1600C9D compatible with Asus M4A785TD-V Evo?

Jsm85

Hi all,

I took the plunge to build my first PC from scratch and have stumbled over a hurdle; I hope someone can help me. Anyway, the PC boots up fine, I can surf the web, I’ve been able to complete some benchmarking tests, etc...

But when I run Prime95 blend or In-Place tests, it freezes almost immediately...I’m not looking to overclock the machine (well not yet at least), but I at least want it to run stable.

I check CPU-z and the memory settings are (BIOS settings set to auto and memory in blue slots):

DRAM Frequency: 533Mhz

FSB:DRAM: 3:8

Timings: 7 – 7 – 7 – 20 1T

I have tried manually setting the timings in the bios to the default settings of the memory (9 – 9 – 9 – 24, 1.8v, 800Mhz), but no luck. I have also tried setting the speed to 667Mhz...no luck, I have even tried one memory in one black slot (i can’t get to the slot closet to the chip because of the cooler).

I guess my problem is that I can’t get the memory to run at 1333Mhz and stable in Prime95.

The last test I ran was a memtest+86, it ran for 2 and half hours, 3 passes, no errors...I’m completely puzzled. :confused:

Can anyone maybe suggest other timings i can try for this memory, cpu and motherboard combo I have please?

I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks, Joe

Hi RamGuy, thanks for getting back to me. I have 4 settings for the DRAM Timing Mode...

Auto, Both, DCT0 and DCT 1.

I've tried all four, but still no luck. i haven't changed the voltage of the memory, i've left it on either Auto or set it to 1.8v (which is what the sticker on the ram module says)...would setting the voltage higher or lower help? if so, what's a safe voltage to try...any higher than 1.8v and the setting goes red.

thanks in advance.

Archived