Corsair Community

RMA request for one kit of TWIN2X2048-8500C5

Hello,

For 15 days I have problems with my PC.

I have a blue screen appears with an error:

'IRQ ...' or

'SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCE' or

reboot.

The PC restarts, but in tests by the BIOS 'AWARD PHOENIX', it stops and hangs at the memory control, I am obliged to stop to unplug the plug, wait 1 to 2 minutes of reconnect and restart the PC so that the 'boot and the boot' of vista 64 will normally do.

I bought used, a second motherboard EVGA 680Sli. I put on this card processor, graphics card, disk and only the TWIN2X2048-8500C5 v1.1 purchased in 2006 and all correct. While normal after 3 days, I add the TWIN2X2048-8500C5 v1.3 'and LA, the problem of REBOOT and BLOCKING returns.

Sometimes after an hour of operation but often if I load a large application or a large file.

Tests (10 assists) with MemTest are correct and that tests memory with the DVD of vista 64, no barette errors on each individually and tested in different Slot.

But I know now that this comes from memory because I tested the TWIN2X2048-8500C5 v1.3 (all purchased the same day 06/12/2007 at the same vendor Newegg.com - Paris / France) on another PC (Dell brand that uses this type of memory) and am having the same problem, blue screen and then when at the RESTART ==> deadlock.

As your memory is lifetime warranty, how do I do so that you change me these 2 RAM chips.

Best regards.

Pascal Planchon

• Corsair Employees
With 4 modules I would suggest setting the memory frequency at DDR667 and set the memory Voltage to 2.1 Volts and set the NB/MCH/SPP Voltage to +.2 Volts as well and test the system with http://www.memtest.org. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Hello,

with a little bit late, I will answer because I did these tests this weekend (before I have no time, my work takes me beacoup!)

So at the bios, I applied the settings '2.1 and nb / mch / spp' as described in the forum.

The test with memtest is not correct error.

But after this test when I boot from disk then Vista64, the problem persists and there is always the same  'after 20 to 30mn, blue screen crash, I restarted the PC, it stops and hangs at the control MEMORY, I am obliged to stop to unplug the plug, wait 1 to 2 minutes to reconnect and restart the PC. "

So for me it is very memory is faulty!

How do I do so that we exchanged GUARANTEED (naturally) ?

Best regards.

Pascal

Hello,

I bought the 2 ° strips 1G - V1 on 01/12/2006 and bought the 2 ° strips 1G - V3 on 06/12/2007. They worked well together until about 15/11/2009, and then I started getting blue screens a pace that has accelerated until now.

A RULE ==> When things can not work together from the start it but if they can and they do not work is that there is a failure.

Also, I did not buy my equipment to do the overclocking, just to have something of quality, which operates in time!

I have the bills if you're interested?

Bill 01/12/2006 => 342 €!

Bill 06/12/2007 => 250 €!

Total = 592 €!

So now as I can not buy bars of the same version as the versions are watching (we are certainly versions 5 or 6), the best I can do is take the 4 bars, I raised the hood the garbage and that I let down the bars. Then I do an Internet search on 'memory arrays', I look at my piggy bank and I order?

CORSAIR thank you.

To be or not be, do I still take the strips Corsair, that is the question?

Best regards.

• Corsair Employees

We can try replacing the modules but you have not confirmed if you tested the modules one at a time yet to be sure it is not some other issue and what were the exact settings you had set?

In addition, did you check the stop error code on Microsoft's site to be sure it is not a driver issue?

Hello,

can you give me details on the following parameters to see (in my case, I am French and the BIOS is in English) I understand because I never overclock and I don ' have a graphics card then the SLI option is not used:

" set the NB/MCH/SPP Voltage to +.2 Volts as well" ?

What is it, can you detail more explanations

- NB (what's this?) = ?

- MCH (what's this?) = ?

- SPP (what's this?) = ?

+ .2 Volts as well? => More than 0.2 volts or more 2 volts

And I do the test with 4 modules (2 memory V1.1 & V1.3 memory 2) or only with the 2 modules memory V1.3?

Best regards.

Pascal

• Corsair Employees

Research and using the search feature will help a lot with these types of questions.

Posted by Ram Guy

NB/MCH/SPP are the same thing just with different chipsets it will be called something different.

With some Chipsets mostly early Intel it will just be NB for north Bridge some of the later Intel chipsets will call it MCH for Memory Controller Hub and some Nvidia chipsets will call the memory controller the System Platform Processor SPP.

And you should test all of the modules one at a time at their rated settings then if they all pass test them together with the suggested settings IE:

Posted by Ram Guy

With 4 modules I would suggest setting the memory frequency at DDR667 and set the memory Voltage to 2.1 Volts and set the NB/MCH/SPP Voltage to +.2 Volts as well and test the system with http://www.memtest.org. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Archived