Corsair Community

Have a few questions about the H50

dude120

Im looking to buying a corsair h50 or an astek LCLC 240mm, which is the same thing with a bigger radiator and not quite as good cpu block. I dont know which one cools better but i was thinking 240mm would be better surface area-wise. I was wondering, if i go to buy the asetek, i do not know where to get a retention kit, but i understand that the pumps are almost if not completely identical to the h50. Would it be possible to install it with the retention kit for a h50 and if so, where would i get one for a 1366 socket CPU? All answers are appreciated, thanks. :sunglasse

If you buy the Asetek product, you'd need to speak with them about any accessories or product information. Our unit comes with the 1366 back plate included.

(thanks for the quick reply)

both units are almost exactly the same and asetek support is near non-existent. (from what ive heard) I can only buy the asetek unit from select stores like http://www.ncixus.com/ , and they do not seem to carry the 1366 back plate for the unit anymore.

I was just wonder if i would be able to buy a 1366 kit for a h50?

By the way, which one do you think is better?

(thanks for the quick reply)

both units are almost exactly the same and asetek support is near non-existent. (from what ive heard)........

I was just wonder if i would be able to buy a 1366 kit for a h50?

By the way, which one do you think is better?

I can't tell you if the 2 mounting kits are the same. As for which is better, I'd say the Corsair. We have our kits made with a few improvements over the stock Asetek unit. I don't recall all of them but they are posted here somewhere in the Cooling section. And, based on what you are saying I'd think the support both before and after purchase is better.

I can't tell you if the 2 mounting kits are the same. As for which is better, I'd say the Corsair. We have our kits made with a few improvements over the stock Asetek unit. I don't recall all of them but they are posted here somewhere in the Cooling section. And, based on what you are saying I'd think the support both before and after purchase is better.

If only corsair made a h50 with a 240mm radiator, that would make for awesome cooling. Thanks for the help, imma go to best buy tomorrow, pick up an h50, and put it in a push pull config. ::pirate::

Archived