Corsair Community

H50 support Questions

Johnaget

Hi Guys,

I bought and installed a H50 on my AMD 995BE and am getting 40C idle and 47C load via Everest CPU stress test no OC . Is this a good temp for this CPU? I never used the stock cooler so I have no clue what kind of results I have gained. Does anyone have some stock cooler results for this CPU. I just want to make sure I am getting the expected performance from my cooler. Just in case I installed it wrong or something.

Next I have a push pull set up. One of the fans is the standard corsair 1500RPM and the other is a coolermaster 1000rpm fan. Will the differnce in rpm drastically effect the performance of the cooler?

Lastly I wanted to go over my air floe set up. I just tried to do what makes sense. Let me know if this is good.My case is a HAF932 I have a 230mm in the front sucking in and the 2 120mm on my H50 at the rear sucking in. Then I have a 230mm on top and on the side both exhausting. My PSU mounts on the bottom and pulls air in from the back and exhausts thru the bottom. Lastly I have a Thermaltek slot cooler exhausting the air above my 4850x2 video card. Thanks for the help guys.

HAF932 airflow is very good. I had a Antec 902 and I had no problems with temps until i switched to the PC-k62. Since your's is full tower, you should have enough airflow to do exhaust or intake and not make much of a difference, but the dust that will build up in your case will be quick, so remember to clean the dust out every month. Don't use different RPM fans on the radiator or else it will make a lot of noise. get identical fans that have good static pressure like the Gentle Typhoon. CFM means nothing if they can't keep the airflow through a dense grill. My i7 920 c0 idles at 40C-45C depending on the ambient temp. Hope this help.

So I did a few things to try and help. I switch my push pull fans to two matched 1700RPM fans and I got rid of the stock thermal paste for some AS5.

Rite after that my idle dropped to 36C and I thought this was great, but then after a day my idle creped rite back up to 41C. Needless to say this was very frustrating.

So I was staring at the H50 installed and thought "what if i flipped the radiator so the hoses where coming out the top". I didn't see why this would matter but I thought I have tried everything else and I hadn't received any other suggestions via the forums so I tried it.

When I turned my PC on it kind of gurgled for a minuet and then seem to be fine. When I checked my temps I was idling at 34C!!! Does anyone know why this mattered?

Thanks.

It's probably the room temperature took a dip. You have to wait for a week or so for the AS5 to cure. Also they recommend the Line application on their product. There is no difference in having the pump upside down or right side up. I tried them all. only thing that really matters is if you have intake or exhaust(but won't matter if you have a really good airflow in your case).

another reason maybe your first application of AS5 was done incorrectly. If you do the spreading method, there might of been air bubbles trapped between the contacts. Anyways thats some really nice temps. My i7 idles at 38 31 35 32 at idle at boot now, but idles at 43 36 39 37 in the long run.

I did nothing to my setup and today when i booted it idled at 36/28/33/29C. the difference between 2C in room temperature makes a huge difference. it's slowly creeping back up to a normal 22C and my system is idling around 40C. that's a big improvement over 45. I think as long as you let AS5 cure, it will improve in temps.

Archived