Corsair Community

h50 high temps?

plee39

Hello, my cpu (i7 920c0 at stock settings) temps are 43C/35C/39C/35C and when i run prime95 it goes up to 81C on the hottest core. I'm using an after market thermal paste and running in a push/pull configuration with air being pushed out. (i have 4 fans pulling air into the case and 2 fans pushing out, all of which are 140mm, not including the ones on my radiator) is this too hot?

That is warmer than my 920 running OC'd to 3.8GHz... so I would say you are running warm. What is your fan configuration exactly? I see the 4-in 2-out, but it depends on where the fans are and what volume of air (cfm) they push as well. You are also running the H50 fans as exhaust as opposed to intake, and that may be impacting your load temps. Are you sure your thermal paste is applied evenly? Also, depending on the paste used, it may take a bit of time for it to cure properly.

hi, thanks for the reply

I have 4 fans 140mm fans sucking in air at the front of the case running about 1000-1200 rpm. blowing atleast 50-60 cfm each. two 1000 rpm 140mm fans blowing out at 60cfm. my radiator fans are SflexF. AS5 been curing for atleast a week.

Hello, my cpu (i7 920c0 at stock settings) temps are 43C/35C/39C/35C and when i run prime95 it goes up to 81C on the hottest core. I'm using an after market thermal paste and running in a push/pull configuration with air being pushed out. (i have 4 fans pulling air into the case and 2 fans pushing out, all of which are 140mm, not including the ones on my radiator) is this too hot?

hey man i wanted to give you a few ideas that might help you. first your push pull fans need to blow a lot more air than just 50 cfms. i have some great scythe kaze 38mm fans i picked up from online for less than 9 bucks a piece. i have one in the front intaking air and the two in a push pull config on my rig (exausting). they have a cfm of 100 but are quite thick (38mm). secondly i have a exaust fan which put i in after market (with a dremmel tool) and i feel that it really helps cool my machine. my temps on my i7 920@4.0 ghz are 43/39/45/39. on 100% load they max at 82 which is ok b/c 920 tend to run a bit hot. i hope this helps.

Hi thanks for the reply, the 2 fans on my rad are actually rated for 63.7 cfm and i just swapped them to intake and i'm getting 75 on my hottest core at 25C ambient instead of the usual 22. I don't like sucking dust into my machine, but if it drops it by 5 degrees i guess i'll have to live with it. although corsair's showcase of them running a cpu stress testing running at ~4ghz and topping out at 65C is misleading. I'm going to wait for another week or two and see how much long it takes to cure the AS5. The 140mm are actually 63~ CFM.. you know the brown fans that recently came out by a renown company. what is your highest temp at stock settings... or how much degrees will my cpu go up if i oc it to 4ghz? (roughly)

thanks again!

Hi thanks for the reply, the 2 fans on my rad are actually rated for 63.7 cfm and i just swapped them to intake and i'm getting 75 on my hottest core at 25C ambient instead of the usual 22. I don't like sucking dust into my machine, but if it drops it by 5 degrees i guess i'll have to live with it. although corsair's showcase of them running a cpu stress testing running at ~4ghz and topping out at 65C is misleading. I'm going to wait for another week or two and see how much long it takes to cure the AS5. The 140mm are actually 63~ CFM.. you know the brown fans that recently came out by a renown company. what is your highest temp at stock settings... or how much degrees will my cpu go up if i oc it to 4ghz? (roughly)

thanks again!

im no expert but i would say that you would see a 10-15 C increase if you overclocked to 4.0 GHZ and being that you are already hitting 75 C on stock settings i would reccomend that you fix your temps at stock before you over clock. have you messed around in your bios at all, changing any preset settings? what mb do you have and psu? is the pump pumping at at least 1400 rpms (you can check it in the bios settings)? can you tell me your ambient case temp too? one more thing i forgot to add is that im using a fan controler with 3 fans and the h50 pump hooked up all maxed out constanly. having a total of 3 intake fans and 3 exaust fans (including the push/pull configuration on the h50). my ambient case temp is 26.4.

Hi thanks for the reply dcd.

I haven't messed with the bios settings, I'm using a P6T with a PCP&C 750w psu. My fans are at 1600rpm and my pump is around 1400rpm constantly at 100%. I made sure that the Q-fan settings and Q-cpu settings were disabled. my ambient temps are around 25-29 degrees depending on the time of day (my heater is always at 25 degrees). it's 26 right now and i'm idling around 46-47 degrees on my hottest core and the rest are about 39-42.

Hi thanks for the reply dcd.

I haven't messed with the bios settings, I'm using a P6T with a PCP&C 750w psu. My fans are at 1600rpm and my pump is around 1400rpm constantly at 100%. I made sure that the Q-fan settings and Q-cpu settings were disabled. my ambient temps are around 25-29 degrees depending on the time of day (my heater is always at 25 degrees). it's 26 right now and i'm idling around 46-47 degrees on my hottest core and the rest are about 39-42.

check your load level calibration and make sure its off. also did you use the pre applied thermal paste? try re-applying using more paste. you see how much is pre applied try using that amount. also follow the screw number speficiations it may help. when i tighten my pump down i made sure there was enough space that when i locked it in it didnt smear any thermal paste and i held it in that position while tightening the screws in the order the directions tell you. as soon as there is no give (from the pump en bracket) going back in the opposite direction i knew my screws were tight enough. hope this helps.

When you say to check the load level calibration what do you mean by that? I'm using AS5 for thermal paste but I think i'm going to reseat it soon. It had more than enough time to cure and the temps still blows. I followed the instructions very closely. what's weird is that when i boot up the idle temp is at 38/30/36/32 and after about 5 minutes of idle it shoots up to 45/38/41/39 as the lowest temps, maybe there is too little thermal paste.

Thanks for replying again dcd.

When you say to check the load level calibration what do you mean by that? I'm using AS5 for thermal paste but I think i'm going to reseat it soon. It had more than enough time to cure and the temps still blows. I followed the instructions very closely. what's weird is that when i boot up the idle temp is at 38/30/36/32 and after about 5 minutes of idle it shoots up to 45/38/41/39 as the lowest temps, maybe there is too little thermal paste.

Thanks for replying again dcd.

correction its load *line* calibration...

load line calibration its a setting in your bios. in my bios its located above the voltages section. it helps with vdroop and basically regulates the current of the vcore voltage. holding the same voltage from idle to load. but there are drawbacks if any voltage spikes occur. there are mixed feelings about having it enabled or disabled. however i noticed that with it enabled my temps were higher. with it disabled my temps were lower.

Archived