Corsair Community

Memory rankings for CMX8GX3M4A1600C9

xarragon

Hello, I purchased an Intel i5-750 and a Gigabyte GA-P55-UD5 and chosed a CMX8GX3M4A1600C9 kit based on the recommendations on the memory configuration page. First off, this CPU can only run those RAM capsules at 1333 Mhz, the modules themselves are rated for 1.65V, but I'd rather stick at 1.5V for safety reason since I won't really be OC:ing. Will the modules support operation at 1333Mhz at 1.5V?

Since I got 8Gb I'd also like to know if my modules are single-ranked? According to this page the standard dictates 2 dual-rank modules per channel at 1333 Mhz, but only ONE at 1600 Mhz. Thus, in order for my system to reach 1600 Mhz I cannot have "dual-rank" modules, I will ned 4 "single-rank" modules if I understood this correctly? And my question is thus: Are my modules in this kit single-rank or dual-rank?

I might upgrade to a faster processor shortly, which is why this might be a future issue.

• Corsair Employees

More then likely they will run at DDR1333 at 1.5 Volts but we can only promise the tested settings for sure.

And most if not all modules 1.0 Gig or larger are double rank. If they were single rank they would be about 2-3 time the cost.

Another interesting point is that this motherboard actually has no 8Gb kit that is guaranteed to operate at 1333 Mhz with 1.5V except for the CMX8GX3M4B1333C9 kit which my supplier of course doesn't stock. They DO stock the CMX8GX3M4A1333C9 kit however. What's the real-life difference between these two kits other than the difference in designation?

Some guy had trouble with the "A" kit it seems. Searching further revealed unoffical claims that the letter in question refers to the revision of the memory product, which matches the idea that the CMX8GX3M4A1333C9 kit is somewhat flawed on my motherboard.

Archived