Corsair Community

H50 High Temps

Azuzu

Just got my H50, hooked everything up, pump seems to be working fine(Feels like it's circulating warm water out), but 3 times I had to shut down because of high temp warnings of 98+ C....

Fan seems to be working too. But I ended up having to put my old Stock CPU fan back on. Any thoughts as to why my stock fan works while the H50 seems to heat up my CPU?

Edit: After reading other threads my problem might be a fan regulator... would simply disabling the "SYS Smart Fan" be what I would need to do... or is there something else in the BIOS that I need to tinker with.

Doubt it's your fan. You can run an H50 passively (without any fans) and as long as the pump works, the radiator should be to dispel heat as well as 10-20C above ambient. Basically, if you're in a regular 70 degree F room, you can have no fan on your H50 and your CPU would only be in the 40Cs.

Now if your pump isn't working, it sounds possible to hit 98C. Make sure your pump's header is running at 100%. You can disable all automatic speeds in your BIOS and set all your headers to Manual 100%.

• Corsair Employee
It sounds like either the pump was not running at full speed or the H50 was not making enough contact with the CPU. I would try reinstalling the H50 and then make sure that the pump is being detected at about 1300-1500RPM in the BIOS.

Thank you both very much. I reinstalled the H50 and I believe the problem is fixed :)... The problem was my pump wasn't running full speed. Now its running at a steady 1596rpm with my radiator fan at 1400. I'm currently running it under load and not going above 43C. an excellent improvement from my stock fan idling at 52C.

Archived