Corsair Community

Corsair H50 high temps?

Jaw16

I have a Intel i7 920 at 4.00ghz and 1.25V and it idles at ~40C cpu temp and ~55C core temps. When i start prime95 it goes right to about ~75C cpu temp and ~85C core temps in 1 minute. I have reapplied the thermal compound many times and haven't made much of a difference.

• Corsair Employee

Your idle results are not too far off from our own. When testing the H50 with a i965 CPU overclocked to 3.6GHz and with vcore at 1.3v we get about 38-40C at idle and ~55C at load.

I would make sure that the pump is getting 100% power from the header on the motherboard. If you look in the BIOS the pump should be detected at 1300-1500RPM, if it is lower, then I would try a different power header on the motherboard. Let us know your results!

The pump says that its getting ~1450 rpm and my room is about 70F. I also have 2 fans on the radiator and the both are getting ~1600 rpm. I also think it might be the thermal paste, it is Antec Formula 5. I don't know if it is good or not but i have spread it all around the top of the cpu.

• Corsair Employee

Here is a link to our forum rules which will explain why other brands are *****'d out.

Make sure you have followed the instructions carefully for the thermal paste you are using and if the temps are still getting too high and you know that the H50 is mounted properly then we can definitely try replacing the unit for you.

To have the unit replaced you can use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace them. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

I am pretty sure i did everything right its just i don't like how i cant get past the heat up phase on prime95 without getting 100C. I have remounted the H50 a few times and it seems to be on nice but it does slide in the locked position a tiny bit.

I just tested my i7 with its stock cooler and at my 4.00ghz config it went to idling at 60C so the H50 is working very nice. I have put the H50 back on and i have stock bios config and it idles at 30C cpu temp and cpu core temps 40-46C. I think that is high for stock and im starting to think it is the cpu itself. it could be a badly made or bad censers on it.

I have been messing around a lot with my computer and i found out i have to keep my voltage under 1.20V to have good temps. I have now got 3.80Ghz with 1.15V and the temps are 65C cpu temp load and 70-80C cpu core temp load on prime95. The idle temps are 36C cpu and 47-54C cpu cores. I will have to just keep the voltages down to keep it from getting hot.

Archived