Corsair Community

Another DDR3 RAM Kit and 790i Ultra MB Question

EchoPapa

I Purchased the System with the XFX 790i Ultra MB and Another Companies (2 x 4GB) DDR3 2000 RAM Kit but had several Blue Screens in Vista. I Contacted XFX and Asked about this Corsair (CMD8GX3M4A1600C8) 4x2GB DDR3 1600 Kit and they said that it would work. So, after Returning the RAM Kit and Purchasing the Corsair RAM Kit I am still having Issues. I am using All BIOS Defaults and I am Running BIOS P08 and P09 is Available I have had 2 Blue Screens Related to Memory during the Installation of Vista. The Blue Screen Stated that there was an Error in the Non-Pagefile Non-Volitle RAM and NTFS.sys (But this was when Installing Vista64 with 8GB Installed. After I Dropped the RAM to 2GB Vista 64 Installed and I have not had a Blue Screen with that Error. Can you Provide Suggested BIOS Settings for this Memory/Mother Board Combination? After Reveiwing the Corsair and XFX WEB Sites I Found that XFX Support might be Wrong and that the RAM Kit (CMD8GX3M4A1600C8) they Confirmed would work indeed may not with All 4 Memory Moduled Installed. If I Understand Correctly Non-EPP RAM is Capped at 1333 is this True? Even Runnng on Only 2 RAM Modules I have had Several Times when the System just Locked Up with No Errors and Quick Hit of the Reset Button gets the System Running again. I am Looking to Return and Purchase the Following RAM Kit(s) but before doing so can you Answer a Couple Questions First: What is the Difference Between Corsair Part Number: CMX8GX3M4A1333C9 and CMX8GX3M4B1333C9 (On the Corsair Compatability List for the 790i Ultra MB) and can I Run 2 Sets of the TW3X4G1333C9DHX RAM Kits and still be in Spec Equal to the 8GB RAM Kit CMX8GX3M4B1333C9. I know that the 2 4GB RAM Kits are not Matched like the 8GB RAM Kit but is that a Real Issue if I put each RAM Kit in Matched Memory Slots or is there a Part Number for a 8GB DDR3 1333 DHX Kit?

Archived