Corsair Community

TWIN2X4096-6400C5 Asus P5N-E SLI

setme31

Okay,I've heard and verified for myself (based on corsair compatibility page) that the memory TWIN2X4096-6400C5 is compatible with my board (Asus P5N-E SLI).

I tried installing this memory into my system, and it never posted. Okay, no big deal. I removed the memory I had in my machine already (TWIN2X2048-6400), and tried again. This time I got one long beep code.

I removed one stick and tried again. This time it worked, and I got all of the way into Windows (Vista 32). But, when I rebooted, I got one long beep code again.

I tried the second stick by itself. Once again, it worked, and I got all of the way into windows. But, then again, when I rebooted I got one long beep code.

I can always boot all of the way into Windows when I try just one stick, one time. The second time I try with that stick, I get one long beep code.

I've set the latency to 5-5-5-18, and I'm still getting the same issue.

I've read about a lot of people getting this memory to work with this board. What is my problem?

Thanks,

Scott

Okay, I've cleared the CMOS, reset the timings, and disabled USB Legacy support. Memtest was run on both sticks of RAM. There were no errors.

I can't set the voltage to 1.8, because there isn't an option to set it that low. I still have it set to auto. What should I set it to?

Any other suggestions?

The memory is still acting flaky. I can't boot with both sticks of RAM installed, and it is finicky with just one stick.

Archived