Corsair Community

550vx will not boot

ret336

I have installed this psu in two computers with no success.

the second one, I turn it on and the cpu fan comes on a short time (seconds) I have disconnected both dvd's and floppy. Same results. The first time I turned it on after installing the psu it booted into windows with just the windows desktop (no icons). I had no control (cont alt del) and had to power down (turn ac off) Any suggestions would be appreciated. My system is a generic running win xp. No sound or video card.:confused:

• Corsair Employees

If you are using an OEM system such as a Dell or HP, then they may use a proprietary PSU which does not fit the standard ATX specs. I would contact your system manufacturer or motherboard maker to make sure that the system will be compatible with a standard off the shelf ATX (ATX12v 2.01 to be specific) PSU.

If it looks like it should be compatible then I would reset your BIOS and see if there is any difference. If the PSU is still giving you problems on both machines then we can certainly replace it for you. Just use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace them. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

Thanks ram guy, I spoked with tech support this morning and I shipped it back today. I am not familiar with "reset the bios" but I will be by the time the replacement arrives. No this is not a dell or --- . It is a generic/clone

Archived