Corsair Community

Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R and TWIN2X4096-8500C5D Bluescreens

porky123

Hi, Ive been getting constant bluescreens after leaving my computer run overnight on idle and everytime it give me a different error.

-unexpected_kernel_mode_trap

-page_fault_in_nonpaged_area

-memory_management

-irql_not_less_or_equal

-cache_manager

-bad_pool_header ....

I have tested the ram one stick at a time with memtest 4.00 but it shows no error but when I put my old ram back in my system, everything is running fine 24/7

I have manually set the ram to 2.1, tried raising de mch from 1.1 to 1.2, tested the power supply (corsair HX 520w), turned load line calibration on, and set the timing to 5-5-5-15 manually. The only thing I havent tried so far is to set the TRFC manually to 60 (default 68)

Am I missing something or should I ask for an RMA.

Thanks

Sounds a lot like my problem.

Just for yuks if the two sticks are in channel A have you tried them in the channel B sockets (my board is the UD3P). What I found was that only brand X's one gig sticks would work in my channel A sockets, but that the Corsair mem worked fine in channel B.

I haven't bothered to RMA the board yet as its running perfect in channel B - lots of memtests and prime95's run for hours on end.

I didn't try that on the first go round since I thought channel A had to be populated first. BTW - the Corsair ran fine in channel A for about a year.

Good luck in any event.

Tried it and its not working. Even if it worked in channel B, later on when I would upgrade to 8 gig, I would be screwed. Ive read a lot in this forum and I would probably better off to RMA and sell them to change brand. I dont want to RMA 2-3 times in a row considering all the problems people seem to get in combination with a few motherboards.

I know what you mean. I'm at 4 gig now and will remain there, even if I RMA the mobo. It seems like getting 8 gbyte playing well together can be way more difficult than it ought to be.

Even if I RMA the mobo back to Gigabyte I'm afraid they won't find anything to fix since another vendor's one gig stick works in channel A. Frustrating.

You're one of very many with problems with this RAM on a variety of Mobos. It probably would be best if you posted in the consolidated thread, so that the stonewalling we've been getting there becomes ever harder for Corsair to continue.

FWIW, Corsair hasn't posted any as-tested specs in the Ramguy FAQ, or here, at least none that I can find, showing this RAM running @ 1066MHz on any mobo. The only specs that anyone has seemed to find stable are @ 800 MHz 5-5-5-15-2T, 2.1V, and only 4GB.

I have been able to run older, slower XMS2 DHX 6400C4 @ 800MHz 4-4-4-12-2T and 8GB flawlessly @ 2.1V on M2N32-SLI Deluxe (for 2 years) and M3N-HT Deluxe (for the past few weeks, while I was RMAing my 2 failed sets of 8500C5D) Mobos. Windows performance (Vista and Windows 7) shows no rating difference between that ram and the 8500C5D, and Memtest shows on 300MBytes/sec difference (when the 8500CD is working, which is when it is first installed).

If you can, I'd RMA this RAM for a refund, and get something that someone has actually posted as-tested specs at the speed, and on your mobo (or something very similar), you want to run.

I'm too lazy to fill out a settings template and I don't have a digital camera to post a picture of the M.I.T., but here's some cpuid snaps from my PC just as it was from my original POST on 02/09?, as of today. PC is on 24/7, and no o'clk'ng. No BSOD or freezing. However, all is not rosy, I transfered a GA-EP35-DS3L and a pair of TWIN2X2048-8500C5D from this PC to my old PC. When I upgraded to Win7 on both PC's, I replaced the TWIN2X2048 with TWIN2X4096's. I had to RMA them after three weeks, when they started failing. Their replacements are sitting on a shelf, maybe to be used as backups.

Capture4.PNG.33e4a19cb14308ff7b4b951cef40e9ce.PNG

Capture5.PNG.ca7056cf7b74c064efc02546c066b81a.PNG

Capture.PNG.f03fc6dabcd106861539c49f067eb936.PNG

Capture2.PNG.09a501ee12e94eebc86553e6edc84dc9.PNG

Capture3.PNG.0d647ba922251056382399bbb192a75b.PNG

It probably would be best if you posted in the consolidated thread
No, do NOT do this. There's too many people with different issues in that thread as it is. Too many people in the same thread make it difficult to help out the original poster.

FWIW, Corsair hasn't posted any as-tested specs in the Ramguy FAQ, or here, at least none that I can find, showing this RAM running @ 1066MHz on any mobo. The only specs that anyone has seemed to find stable are @ 800 MHz 5-5-5-15-2T, 2.1V, and only 4GB.
Look harder:

http://www.corsair.com/testreports/report_print_new.aspx?r_id=672736&p_id=589501&m_id=618021

If you can, I'd RMA this RAM for a refund
Only the store can do that.

When I upgraded to Win7 on both PC's, I replaced the TWIN2X2048 with TWIN2X4096's. I had to RMA them after three weeks, when they started failing.
How are they failing? How did you test them?

How are they failing? How did you test them?

Test 5, 994 errors, Memtest86+ v4.00. Those modules were RMA'd and replacements received earlier this month. I didn't try the replacements yet. I will stick them into the EP35-DS3L and let it run 24/7 to test them, since that's a lot of money sitting on the shelf.

How many passes should be run with Memtest86+ to be fairly confident that your memory is functional? I normally run three.

• 2 weeks later...
I stuck my replacements in my GA-EP35-DS3L board and after a week, the BSOD's started. Same errors, Memtes86+, test 5. I stuck the modules in slots 2 and 4, and the errors disappeared, so far. Both PC's run 24/7. I'm definitly will upgrade the BIOS on both computers(I hope they have an upgrade for the EP35), since I've never had a problem with any BIOS revision. Thanx for the headsup.

Manual setup was not necessary in my case. Selecting "Load Optimized Defaults" during POST any time memory is being installed, sets all system frequencies and timings as advertised. The problem system(Ep35-DS3L) has been rock stable for a week, after the slot change. I checked the minidump with BlueScreenView for problem clues during the period when BSOD's were occurring, but it's all Greek to me(attached).

Capture.thumb.PNG.3f6cf598d93b076550db52837433547f.PNG

Errors in test 5 of memtest would normally suggest some other problem and I would make sure that you are setting the tested settings manually especially the memory Voltage.

Yet the EP35-DS3L MoBo ran for over two years without a hitch, when the TWIN2X2048-8500C5D's were installed, prior to the TWIN2X4096's??? In fact, I stuck the 2048's back in the slots and the errors disappeared. That's why I RMA'd the 4086's last month.

Archived