Corsair Community

Asus M2N-E with TWIN2X4096-6400C5C

timeflux

Hi everyone,

I purchased a TWIN2X4096-6400C5C kit from Fry's about two months ago and about the same time I installed Windows 7 to my system. However, ever since every now and then it crashes with BSOD. Some days no crashes, some days several of them.

Most of the STOP errors were 0x50, but the last one was 0x109 and this forced me to run some memory tests. I ran Windows Memory Diagnostics tool and it found hardware error. See image. I then removed one of the sticks and ran the same test which went ok this time.

I went to Fry's yesterday to exchange it but they told me to return the stick to Corsair. (because +15 days have passed)

My question is, before I do that, is there anything else that I can do to make sure that the stick is defected? I'm not a hardware guy, don't know much about voltage levels or anything but I can tell you that the motherboard and memories are running with the default settings.

Thanks

• Corsair Employees
Please make sure that you have the latest bios for your MB and then load optimized defaults and set the Dimm Voltage to 2.1 volts and then set the timings to 5-5-5-18(CAS-tRCD-tRP-tRAS) and then test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! Please allow memtest to run 2-3 passes on each module. If you still get errors, we will be happy to replace them! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

Archived