Corsair Community

TW3X4G1333C9 memory problems?

ojon838

I have a peculiar problems with my TW3X4G1333C9 DDR3 memory. I started having instability problems after switching to the retail version of Windows Ultimate x64 from the beta versions. First, everything was fine, then I noticed my animated icon would continue for an extended period of time, making me think that there was something wrong with the operating system itself or the motherboard. So, upon advice from DFI's tech support, I obtained an RMA and sent the board back to DFI.They could not find any problem with it. I reinstalled the replacement they sent back and all was fine - for a time. Then the same problem started to slowly crop back up. Then I noticed the wrong RAM amount in the BIOS. I have 4Gig installed and all of a sudden I have 3.7Gig per the BIOS and 3.3Gig per the operating system. Before it recognized all 4Gig. What could possibly be the problem with this? I know - I need to test my memory with Memtest. That's next...:(: More next time...

Well, I tested with Memtest 86+ v4.00 with test#5 and test#6 for about 5+ hours each. Bottom line - no errors were found. I saw in the forums that test#7 was used. Is it important to run this test also? RamGuy if it's a real important test, I'll run it for several hours and then turn my attention towards my cpu. I MUST find out what has my computer is so unstable...:confused:

Okay, I've tested with Memtest 86+ test#7 for about 5 hours with no errors. I then tested my AMD Phenom II x4 955 cpu using the AMD Overdrive v3.1. I used the benchmarking section of the program. I ran it for over an hour and then left it alone. Came back to it and it had BSOD'ed. HMmm! I'll try to load up the cpu again and see what happens. Maybe my processor is bad after all.:confused:

• 5 weeks later...

Well, I RMAed the memory, cpu and video card. Since I started having no video

I stand a good chance that something is wrong with my Sapphire HD4850. And since I haven't found any problems with the memory or the cpu, I might as well

RMA both of them too. This started with an RMA of my motherboard (DFI DX790FXB-M3H5). So I'm starting out new. This is the only time I haven't had

spare equipment to test with. All my remaining stuff is older stuff, i.e. DDR memory instead of DDR3, etc. I've gotten back the video card from Newegg.

Just waiting for my 4Gigs of RAM and my cpu (AMD Phenom II X4 955).

No one is probably still following this thread but I'll still update it...:roll:

Archived