Corsair Community

Problems with CMX2048-8500C5D

Ricca

I brought a new system on September last year.

The system at first was with another mainboard the: Gigabyte GA-P31-ES3G Intel P31 (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard.

But it was instable, loads of blue screen,freezing... I failed memtest consistently but using only one stick per time it was a little bit more stable.

In the gigabyte site I've found that this motherboard becomes highly instable when the bandwidth reach is maximum.

So I thought the problem was the motherboard and I've changed with the one I've got now but with the new motherboard I've had the same problems.

One of the sticks is more stable so I've used it alone and I've experienced only few crashes per day until I bought other 2 ram modules.

I did memtest and had an endless number of failures, something like 2500 in two hours.

I've tried the two sticks in different combinations, and in different ram sockets but with one stick I was still getting 5 or 6 errors, with the other one loads of errors.

I was thinking maybe there is some incompatibility between the memory and my motherboard, Asus P5E Deluxe x48 S775.

I've tried to change the bios settings but the system was as well instable and it was still failing memtest.

There are some chances this motherboard as well is incompatible with the memory? I’ll be really unlucky if I've bought two incompatible motherboard!!!:[pouts:

Now my pc is running well with the other ram modules I bought a month or so ago.

I don’t have the memory receipt, I've lost it, and I was wondering if I could start an RMA without it.

The exact memory model is:

CM2X2048-8500C5D

XMS2-8500 2048MB 1066Mhz 5-5-5-15 2.10V ver.2.1

Thanks for your time reviewing my post.

Riccardo

• Corsair Employees

The part number for the set should be TWIN2X4096-8500C5D and you would need to get the set replaced.

Let's get them both replaced. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

The part number for the set should be TWIN2X4096-8500C5D and you would need to get the set replaced.

Let's get them both replaced. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

Yes this is the code in the package, in the sticks there are the other codes I've posted in the topic.

Thank You

Riccardo

Archived