Corsair Community

Rma my tx750w?

olofsson_tom

Hi, im having problems with my tx750w, the psu is working very good, but the fan is really loud, even in idle...

I have googled and found out that others think this too, that the fan is spinning way too fast even in idle, and i cant notice any heat on the psu at all, which seems like the noise could be reduced...

I am wondering, is it possible that the temp. sensor is broken which makes the fan spin realyl fast always? Cause i dont hear any difference between idle and playing games...

And, according to your noise graph, http://www.corsair.com/_images/charts/tx750w_noise.jpg

The psu shouldnt start making lots of sound before around 400w load, and im having really hard to think my system puls 400w in idle...

Can i Rma it? i got it from my friend, so i do not have the original box, dont know where it is bought and so on...

If i cant rma it for this, im thinking of opening it and putting a resistance on the fan, limiting it from 12v to 9 v, so it doesnt spin as fast...

Will this overheat the psu? I dont think it will since its so "over-cooled" right now, but you might know better ;) And i dont want anyof you saying OMG! Dont open the psu!!! I want your (professional working on corsair) honest opinion if it will overheat or not!!! ( The fan will still spin faster at load than in idle, the resistance will only make it spin a little slower at all voltages...

/Tom Olofsson

Well yes, i would totally like to replace it, but i talked to a fella on this forum called sweclockers, and he had rma a psu and he said i had to send it to holland, and it took him about 2 weeks from that when he sent it to when he got his new one... (I live in sweden...)

I cant be out of a computer that long, and i dont think i have a psu that i can borrow from someone either...

Dont know what i should do...

Also, as i understand, i have to pay cost to send it to you, then you pay the cost for sending the new one to me... Maybe the transport will cost alot?

/ Tom

Archived