Corsair Community

H50 Very loud

Piezack

Stores should take back right returns right? I don't understand all these complaints about RMAing ... do you guys buy of all your stuff second hand or from Ebay?

The pump is not silent... it will make a faint buzzing noise, but should not be audible above fans.

I ran the pump at 7V for a good while. It made it totally silent. I couldn't hear it even if I put my ear next to it. The drop of 5V made the pump run at about 500 RPM less. Somewhat surprising however, there was only an increase of about 2 degrees at idle and 4 at load, hardly any difference.

No idea if this puts any less/more strain on the pump. I put it back at 12V since I can't hear the pump from outside regardless.

No, the store doesnt accept faulty product returns apparantly. Aria PC They say to RMA directly with corsair, I might give em a call on monday if I can't get this resolved though.

Also the noise is comparible to sticking a fork into one of my fans, it's loud.

I pretty sure that UK consumer law says that if a product if faulty within a reasonable time then the vendor must take it back and either replace it or provide a refund.

Do a bit of Google-ing to find out more.

Archived