Corsair Community

Can't upgrade new firmware for SSD P256 through my hp pavilion dv6t quad laptop

hp_newbie

Hi everyone,

i have just bought the corsair P256 . However, the firmware is the old one

so i decide to follow the guideline in the forum to upgrade the new firmware.

Currently, i don't have a desktop so i have to upgrade the new firmware through my laptop hp pavilion dv6t quad (Bios version is F13 newest one)

I have already created the USB bootable and put the DSR folder into the USB driver

I set my laptop to boot through USB. However, the only thing i see on my laptop is the picture Microsoft Windows98. It just stays like that and never executed the DSR file.

Can anyone help me? Do i have to upgrade the new firmware through a Desktop mother board (not laptop) ?

if so, it is too inconvenient.

thank you for your help

• Corsair Employees
That sounds like there is an issue with the NB it self booting to Windows 98 or you may have some TSR trying to load. I would check that the Flash Drive will boot on another system. And you might check with HP for the latest BIOS for your system.

I am not sure. And i don't have any other systems to try

Does anyone live around my place so i can ask for helping me update the firmware?

I live in Garden Grove, California

if i can't update the new firmware to get TRIM support, i think i have to return it because the performance will be downgraded over time

PLZ HELP ME someone:(::(:

they only have laptop (no desktop)

right now i have two laptops. One is hp pavilion dv6t quad . The other is Fujitsu Lifebook laptop (bought 3 years ago. Core duo 2Ghz).

I got the same problem for both of them. On the Bios of Fujitsu , I set ENABLE IDE/ATA/AHIC as instructed. On the pavilion , I didn't see the setting for them

The only thing which i see is the frozen Microsoft WINDOW98 screen

my hp pavilion dv6t quad and the Fujitsu Lifebook laptop only has one slot for hard drive.

I bought the P256 CORsair yesterday. However, i haven't installed any operating system on it yet

In order to upgrade the firmware for the Corsair, i have to take out my original hard drive from my laptops and replace it with the Corsair.

So basically, i update it without any operating system.

Is it wrong? Do i need to install an operating system on the SSD p256 first and then upgrade the firmware?

right now my SSD has nothing on it(just bought it brandnew).

I don't use Window 98 . I am using windows 7 Ultimate (x64 bit version) because my processor is core i7 .

I saw window 98 screen after following the instruction of the create USB boot

you mean HP flash drive tool from this Thread?

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=83833

if so, i used it and got the problem above

So basically, i need a laptop which has 2 slots for hard drives . Or a desktop, which has 2 slot for hard drive??

right now, my laptop only has one slot for hard drive. So if i take my original drive out to replace with the SSD corsair, i won't have any operating system on the laptop because i haven't installed any operating system on it

seem like now i can get into DOS boot after installing window 7 x86

However , i get this message:

"Application c:\DSRD\dosrd1_0.exe has

caused an exception: Access Violation

EAX=00006C6Ch EBX=00006C6Ch ECX=00021C72h EDX=00021C72h

ESI=0001A868h EDI=00000000h EBP=00032FE4h

DS=0014h ES=0014h FS=0094h GS=0014h EFLAGS=00010282h

CS:EIP=000Ch:00021C74h SS:ESP=0014h:00032FC4h

Abnormal program termination: Page fault

CS:EIP = 000Ch:00021C74h

now everything is back to the Microsoft Window98 screen

i don't install any window 98.

i just follow the instruction in the forum to install the new firmware

anyway, thank for your help. I will return the corsair ssd and buy an Intel ssd instead.

the method to update the new firmware is not compatible at laptop level at all

Archived