Corsair Community

CMD12GX3M6A1600C8 Asus P6T Deluxe V2 Configuration

blackweb

I currently have all voltage settings on Auto. Memory frequency is set at 1600, timings at 8-8-8-24. Everest doesnt show the memory voltage. AW recommends memory voltage settings for their ALX systems of 1.35/1.609.

My bios keeps resetting itself to defaults including the date. Is this normal behavior?

• Corsair Employees
The memory is rated for 1.65v so please try setting the memory to 1.64v in the bios. If the bios keeps loosing all of the settings you may have a stability problem or you may have an issue with the CMOS battery voltage being low. You should be able to check the CMOS Battery voltage in the bios.

If your bios keeps resetting itself to defaults then you have a dead cmos battery !

there were a whole bunch of asus boards that shipped with dead or dying batteries .

The asus forums had a whole bunch of these reports.

So if you can then id suggest you replace the cmos battery on the motherboard.

its a lithium ion battery . Model no is CR2032.

that should sort out the bios :)

If your bios keeps resetting itself to defaults then you have a dead cmos battery !

there were a whole bunch of asus boards that shipped with dead or dying batteries .

The asus forums had a whole bunch of these reports.

So if you can then id suggest you replace the cmos battery on the motherboard.

its a lithium ion battery . Model no is CR2032.

that should sort out the bios :)

Dead CMOS battery seems to be the consensus. I just got a new one from Best Buy. So far no more issues with BIOS settings.

I finally found the X.M.P. profile setting in the BIOS, loaded it and my system is working great. The performance of the dominator with the XMP profile should be described as "stellar". Very good memory performance.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived