Corsair Community

Intel DX58SO with Corsair HX1000W

Rocketman

Is anyone having issues with the HX1000 PSU and the Intel DX58SO MB? I'm on my 3rd MB and 2nd i7 920 prosessor trying to figure out a "no post" or beeps problem. The mother board responds with beep errors when I hook up a corsair 750w PSU but get nothing with the 1000w PSU. I've read others do not connect the auxiliary power connectors (1 x 4 auxiliary PCI Express

graphics power connector) and the (SATA-style auxiliary power connector) and that has resolved their no post issue. My graphics card is a GTX 260 that is powered with the 2 PCI power connectors so I'm not sure I need the auxiliary power to the MB.

Is anyone else running this set up that can help me out here?

Thanks guys

Rocketman

• Corsair Employees
It may be an issue with the auxiliary power and the multi rail PSU. If you have 12v current flowing to the board from two different rails (HX1000 rail diagram)then they are going to be regulated separately and they may not be delivering the exact same voltage which could cause a short. For example one rail may be 11.9v and the other could be 12.1v and the board will see this as a short and refuse to turn on. I would try removing the auxiliary power and see if you have the same problem.

Thanks for the response RamGuy

The problem is definitely with using the auxiliary power connectors. The board starts up fine with them not connected. Hopefully I'll have enough power with demanding app's??? I wonder if this is a defect of some kind or was this PSU designed this way? Also, I wonder what would happen if I went to dual GTX260 in SLI/Crossfire mode. Maybe the Mobo detects if a second card is plugged in requiring the auxiliary power connector to be plugged in??? :thinking:

Anyway I'm off to finish up my ultimate rig.

Cheers :headbang:

Rocketman

Archived