Corsair Community

X128 freezes in everquest.

benefit14snake

I recently bought a x128 drive to use on my laptop as my primary and only harddrive. So far it has been pretty nice as far as performance, and the drive is performing within the specified specs. The only problem I am having (besides no trim support of course..) is that the system freezes when I play everquest. Sometimes it happens after 30 minutes, sometimes after 1. The system does not freeze otherwise. Also I have not tried any others games out as this is the only game I will play on this laptop. Please note, this laptop is brand new (mine and my wife's Happy Holidays! present to each other) and has had no problems using the spinning drive.

EDIT: wow the filters are strict on this forum.. i guess it was a happy holiday present LOL!

I currently do not have any games to try on this laptop. Very simply, I had a 500gb HD that came with the PC, and it worked fine. I plug the corsair SSD in and load windows 7 and update drivers, and it doesnt work. Although for what ever reason the computer was being nice and let me play for like 3 hours with no freezing last night. I will see if I can get another game onto the computer.

Did you tweak your Windows settings?

Such as SWAP-file (as advised in one of the stickies here on the forum).

If so: how much SWAP do you have configured?

In my case, I deleted the SWAP-file from my SSD (system drive) and put it on a 'normal' hdd (system managed). Voilá: problem solved.

With a laptop it is a bit more difficult (1 drive possible, I guess?).

You could try to enlarge your SWAP-file. Despite the advise here... (you can always set it back to your old/initial settings :))

Archived