Corsair Community

What is up with my X128?

SKoob

Hi folks, I've just ran the AS SSD benchmark tool on my X128 and these are the results

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/2070/ssdyc.jpg

They look quite a way off from the specs :sigh!: I'm running it with the lastest AMD SB drivers and have the latest motherboard BIOS. It seems snappy enough but the figures don't tally up :confused: Is there anything I can do to improve the situation? Thanks in advance :cool:

• Corsair Employees
I would suggest using Accronis to make and image of the drive then use Parted magic to Wipe the drive under tools select Erase Disk and Secure Erase and then, install the drive on the system you will be using it as a second HDD and format it with the QUICK Option Only and 32k Allocation then test it with Atto again to be sure its running properly then delete the partition and image the drive back to its original image and you are done.

I have had exactly the same results (in ATTO) with my X128 and the reason was a stupid docking bay which reduced the speed down to SATA I

Since the drive is plugged directly into the board the results are within the specifications - see my thread

• Corsair Employees
I do not think that is the issue in his case guid, but who knows, he is only showing one HDD in his systems spec's. But you do bring a good point in that if you using a External bay ir Hot swap tray that can cause the performance drop.

Please try what I suggested and test the drive as a second HDD with ATTO.

I will do on Monday, just need to sort out a linux live CD of some type.

U have the cool n quiet enabled in bios?

If yes, test with disabled.

I have both Cool N Quiet and C1E turned off in the BIOS. I have tried to enable NCQ through RAID Xpert but that made the system unstable :confused:

Archived