Corsair Community

Constant BSOD with Asus P6T & TR3X6G1600C8D

Jayrcee

Hello,

I am having trouble with my computer that I strongly believe is memory related. First off, I am only showing 8GB of ram in my system specs even though I have 12GB installed (2GBx6). Also, I am constantly getting BSODs when I boot up or after I have been using the computer for a few minutes. Nothing is overclocked and all of my settings are at default. I have the latest bios installed for my motherboard.

I downloaded and ran memtest86 at boot and it crashes (halts) with numerous errors (97000+) almost immediately. Could anyone please advise as to what my next step should be? My computer has become almost unusable atm.

Thanks!

• Corsair Employees
It will be a setting in the BIOS setup usually in the over clocking menu IE AI Over clock Tuner or Extreme Tweaker and have you tested the modules one at a time, if they all pass then I would check the MB CPU Socket and or CPU?

I enabled XMP and it crashes when I boot (overclocking failed). I've tried setting the memory frequency manually at DDR1333, 1066 and 1600 with the same result. The only way it will boot is if I set it to Auto, not XMP. Then the problem becomes that the bios and Windows only sees 8gb and sometimes 10gb of memory.

Try each kit of 3 separately. Clear the CMOS and enable the XMP profile. See if each kit is stable before trying to combine them.

I need you to try each kit of 3 modules seperately. The first order of business is to see if you have a bad module in either kit AND see if each individual kit can run at spec.

Do you mean for me to test each individual module or each set of three at a time? I've already tested each set (set of three) and got errors on each set. Sorry to sound like a newb, but i'm not used to troubleshooting parts. I'm just looking to get a functioning (all 12gb of usable memory and no bsods) computer without any overclocking.

Test each kit first, after you clear CMOS, disable Legacy USB Support, and enable the XMP profile. If you do show errors on both kits, test each module seperately for 3-5 passes each. Remember, it is essential to disable Legacy USB Support for this testing.

If you have errors on both kits, I suspect that you have an issue other than the RAM.

Archived