Corsair Community

HX850 - connecting 2 drdrw's one the same cable

stavpal

I have the HX850 and when I try to connect both of the dvdrw's (asus 22b2st & lg gh22ls50) the pc gets stuck one the boot screen where it's "searching" the sata devices or gets stuck on the "boot from dvd/cd". If I use separate cables, my pc works fine. Is this normal? How many watts can each cable provide?

yeah, I've tried - I've also tried plugging the cable into another socket. Same thing happens.

The psu is mounted on the bottom of the case (coolermaster 840) with the fan facing down. Due to that, I have to connect the cable to the drives in a way that it sort of twists (forms a semi-loop) (I'll upload photos when I get home). An interesting issue is that if I connect the drives with different cables & use the 2nd connector for each cable (counting from the end), it needs like 10 seconds to recognize the drives. Also, sometimes, when the drives are connected to the same cable and IDE mode is selected (instead of normally AHCI) I get an "overclocking failed - reverting frequencies to default), although I'm not oc'ing. How am I supposed to connect the drives with the sata power cable in order to avoid these issues?

Archived